Celebrating Wins Big and Small 😃

Hi WeVideo Creators! :clapper: This summer is a time to recharge and I wanted to create a thread for us to share wins big and small as we regroup and get ready for back to school. It can be as simple as going out for a walk or announcing a career change. Let us know a win in the comments. :smiley:

8 Likes

In the midst of our excessive time spent at home during the Pandemic, even my husband, the epitome of a homebody, missed getting out and doing things. He pledged that he would “Go the places, Do the things” when we were finally able to do so.
Both he and I (and our 15 year old son) are vaccinated, so we were able to travel to upstate NY to attend a memorial service for a family member. It was wonderful to see family, some of whom we had not seen in almost 15 years. It was a last minute trip, and we returned home the next day, but it was a big, yet small, win for us!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing @joellen.clive. Loved ones are so important to connect with. This is such a powerful share. I’m sure that many can relate as we start to venture our while continuing to manage the ongoing pandemic. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I have taken this time to appreciate my classroom and my students. I am more energized to start the year than ever. I have so many ideas for how I can engage my students and how I can be a better teacher. I am dedicated to this being my absolute best teaching year ever. That is not hyperbole, that is my goal. I will be a better teacher, mentor, and role model for my students. I guess my win is renewed dedication and inspiration.

2 Likes

in these time we busy in exam in our school

2 Likes

This past year, I’ve learned the importance of embracing Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Technology as a way to reach, support, and inspire students. WeVideo has helped me a lot to put in practice many ideas involving green screen and podcasts in the classroom. That would be a big win :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to celebrate making it to this point. I never want to take for granted the “easy stuff” … this past year was full of hard & difficult and remembering to stop and being grateful for good colleagues and the support we provide for each is priceless. So many people pulled together and “did” in order to make school as good as we could make it within al of the constraints. And watching life continue … several of my colleagues had babies & new homes, ahhh, the joys!!!

3 Likes

This past year, I’ve learned the importance of embracing Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Technology as a way to reach, support, and inspire students.

2 Likes

It’s good to celebrate success, but more importantly, to draw lessons and lessons from failure

2 Likes

قمة راىعة نطالب بقمة ثانية

1 Like

This summer has been an exciting one for me. Besides doing my podcasts (edited and posted via WeVideo) and finding some “me time,” I attended an Eagle Scout Court of Honor at which I was presented with a Mentor Pin from a Scout I had advised for 5 of his merit badges. I was both surprised and honored by this award.

2 Likes

This year I was given the opportunity to become a tech coach. It’s been an adjustment, but I love having the ability to show teachers meaningful ways to integrate technology.

2 Likes

The importance of education is clear now for the world. May the learnings and changes be for good and just a start!

2 Likes

A HUGE win for me will be next week on the 12th where I will present a session entitled “What’s the Dealio with WeVideo?” to my county at a conference. Ahh! I am working on finalizing it now. I am showing my colleagues out to get started with the software. Wish me well.

2 Likes

Great summit, I learned a lot from it

2 Likes

ننتظر ذلك على احر من الجمر

I am not pandering at all… but a big win for me this year was my discovery/use of WeVideo. It has permitted me to teach and engage in spite of being in a dual platform environment. It also gives some of my more tech based students a little more attention from their peers. It has been a groovy ride so far.

2 Likes

I definitely feel like I’m coming into this school year with more tools in my teacher toolbox. From creating everything digitally to hybrid learning, I feel like I have been able to reflect and reorganize my instruction style to incorporate the good from last year and make it a great experience for my students this year.

2 Likes

I think that everything is changed now: our perception of other people, of crowdy places. I hope that all will appreciate small things like a stroll, a quick trip to another city. I missed a lot: my parents live far from me, I had to work with a toddler that need attentions and wanted to play instead of see me in front of a computer talking to others. I miss a lot the healing power of a hug. I have learnt that people can be stronger. I saw my students becoming master in distance learning. They were wonderful.

3 Likes

I discovered WeVideo this year and it is definitely an excellent technology tool.

3 Likes